Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It is well with my soul

I am doing better. Thank you to all who prayed for me. Please continue to do so! But know that it is well with my soul. Faith said to me yesterday, "I won't miss you when you are in China, Mommy, because Aunty Jen will take care of me." Yes, she will! I know Faith will still miss me (at least a little bit, right?), but I also know she is going to rise to the occasion. And I believe God led us to Faith's name for a reason. My little almost-4-year old has faith that many adults don't even have. She loves and trusts Jesus so much. Even when we run an errand, she confidently proclaims, "Mommy, Sophie (our dog) is not alone. Jesus is with her!" Yes, He is! She is so right. And Jesus will be with Faith. He will watch over her and love her and minister to her. And I know He is as blessed as I am when she sings at the top of her lungs "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved his wrench like me..." and "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above this world...." Oh how beautiful are the faith and love of a child.

The thought God implanted into my mind at the service this weekend was that very soon, Charis will be with me in church. She will be by my side. We will stand in God's Presence together. We will hold hands and worship the LORD. This picture washed away so much of my sadness about leaving my other children for 2 weeks. I will still miss them dearly, but I know it is a short term sacrifice that will reap an eternal blessing. One day, Charis will know Jesus. Josiah and Faith will be a big part of that. Oh, God, what a blessing to be part of your work, part of your plan. What a blessing to be given such wonderful children. Thank you, Lord. There is no one like You.