Thursday, November 1, 2007

Think Care Bear!

Eight days from now we will be on our way. Hard to believe. Faithy and I decorated the house today for her birthday party... what a treat. Every decoration she opened was followed with a deep breath of wonderment and then, "Thank you, Mom!" It's Winnie the Pooh this year. And our house is being tramsformed into the Hundred Acre Wood...well, enough to please an eager, almost 4 year old anyway! I carry a notepad in the car; Faith likes to draw while we ride. This week, every time she draws a picture of me she says, "You are sad, Mommy." I ask her why she draws me sadly and she proceeds to explain that I am sad because she is not with me in the picture. Isn't that sweet? It's amazing to get a glimpse into her little mind... and heart. She is getting ready to part with me for 2 weeks and she knows I am doing the same. At dinner tonight, Josiah said he was going to miss us. Oh, how we will miss him! I love my kids so much!

Josiah and Faith have a gift to give their sister at the airport when they meet her. Faith bought Charis a purple Care Bear because she loves Care Bears and can't wait for her sister to have one. Care Bear is going to be Charis' knick name, too. So, if you have been wondering how to say Charis' name, think Care Bear! Charis is pronounced care-iss, hard c, long a, just like the care in Care Bear!

We received our passports today WITH SCOTT'S VISA ready to go!!! Charis' bag is packed. Clothes for the kids at the orphanage are packed. Jeremy's gift that we will be taking for the Kamberger's is packed. So things are moving along. I would appreciate continued prayer...I am having a hard time getting a good night's sleep... it's hard to shut off my mind these days. I also have a fear of flying...I have had numerous panic attacks on planes. Scott has to go out of town for 3 days this week...to/from Dallas. So, time is short and there is still much to do. Please pray, too, for our hearts to be taking joy in our Lord, to be thinking of Him and walking with Him throughout every step of this process. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.