Sunday, November 4, 2007

Peace like a river

I feel like a teeter totter... going up and down between peace and anxiety. We celebrated Faith's birthday yesterday and had so much fun. She loves being the center of attention! But when I turned out the lights to go to sleep, I just got so sad (again) at the thought of leaving the kids. In the midst of my fear, I called out to the Lord and in His goodness and faithfulness, He answered me. I felt a flow of His peace-- literally. I felt something like a warmth go through my body that dried my eyes and calmed my breath. Inside my heart I was asking God to assure me that we were doing the right thing. God doesn't have to answer...He doesn't even have to listen. But, He does! I am so grateful to Him. I ask for the same things over and over and over. But our God is a perfect Father, my Abba, Daddy, who cares about me. And once again, I felt Him assure me that He is in this. He is leading. We are following. He will go before us. He will be there with us. And He will be home with the kids. I know I may need His peace again. I also know I can ask for it again, and out of His fatherly love, He will provide. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.... He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.