Monday, September 17, 2007

She is tall for Chinese and not crazy loud!!!

More news and pictures from the Walkers arrived this morning. Yeah!!! I posted a picture of Charis (and Jeremy) holding the gifts that we were able to send her through the Walkers. And here's what Trina had to say about Charis: "She is healthy, rather tall for Chinese. She was well behaved. She does smile but a lot of the photos she is aware I am taking it and then they get very somber looking… not sure why. Her peers seemed to accept her and treat her well. And likewise she was kind to others. She was good in class, not crazy loud like some of them were."

Okay, could there actually be a calm Chapman child? God does only give us what we can handle...so I am counting on a very sweet little girl who always obeys, never says anything with a sassy voice, walks (not runs, slides, flops, hops or bounces) from room to room, remembers to pick up after herself, takes joy in doing chores and hmmmm, doesn't argue when it's time for bed?! I'm kidding of course! Every word that I read from the Walkers' e-mails is so beautiful to me. When I see their address in my in-box, it almost takes my breath away!

They have seen my daughter. They have observed her. They have spoken with her. Wow! I can't wait to do it myself. To think that before she was even born, God saw her. He created her. He knows her inside and out. He has been a part of her life, at work on her behalf, intervening and interceding for her...and for us. And soon, we will be together. To be seen and known by the Lord. We are so blessed! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."